[CP2K-user] Wave-function update

Fabio Ribeiro elbu... at gmail.com
Fri May 31 16:10:51 UTC 2019

Dear Community,

I have a simple question. I need to do a geometry optimization large system
at the DFt level. The size of the Kohn-sham wave function (WFN) file
generated is 2GB, and it takes some time to write it on disk. In order to
speed up the calculation, I chose to write the wave function without backup
copies, with the option "&SCF &PRINT &RESTART BACKUP_COPIES=0". That worked
flawlessly. But I noticed that still the code updates the *RESTART.wfn file
every 20 SCF iterations. Since convergence is a bit tricky (it usually
takes 100-200 SCF steps to converge), I would like to know if it is
possible to write only the converged SCF wavefunction at each optimization
step, i.e., is there a option that makes the code update the wavefunction
only once every geometry optimization step?

Thank you very much for your attention,
All the best
Fabio