[CP2K-user] Choosing POISSON SOLVER for AIMD

Marcella Iannuzzi marci... at gmail.com
Mon May 27 13:04:31 UTC 2019

Dear Brandon,

If your goal is to simulate a solvated polypropylene, the best solution
would be a large cell filled with explicit solvent.
However, it is not clear what you are trying to model, neither what is the
problem.
The xyz file shows a strange configuration with a bunch of water
molecules around the two ions. Is this system supposed to be in vacuum?
Did you change the CELL vectors?
Using the CELL parameters of the input file of your last e-mail, it turns
out to be a rather crowded system (see attachment).
As general remark, highly charged systems might be problematic anyway.
Regards
marcella