[CP2K-user] Are there any clear instructions for building cuda-enabled cp2k with MPI that work?

Travis polla... at gmail.com
Fri May 17 20:22:15 UTC 2019

Did you build OpenMPI to be CUDA-aware? I don't know if things changed from
OpenMPI 2.X to 3.X but it used to be something you specified at the
configure stage.

https://www.open-mpi.org/faq/?category=buildcuda

Your boost is limited to ([#threads - #gpus] + [#gpus*#speedup]) /
#threads, so it may be worth asking whether it is worth sinking so much
time into. Adding a single P100 (~5 TFLOPs in double precision) to a Xeon
4108 (16 threads, ~0.2 TFLOPS) would give about 2.5x the performance, while
jumping to a Xeon 8180 (56 threads, ~2 TFLOPS) would give a boost of less
than 3%.

-T