[CP2K-user] [CP2K:11694] How do I make use of this HINT?

Tiziano Müller tiziano... at chem.uzh.ch
Fri May 10 07:55:05 UTC 2019

Hi David,

this means that when building CP2K you could have added specific
compiler flags to optimize the generated code for the target CPU.

Based on [1] it seems that the Intel compiler only enables support for
SSE2 by default (independently of the optimization level).

If you need the CP2K executable to be a universal binary running on
different CPUs then there is not much you can do here. If you can limit
it to specific CPUs, then you probably should add matching optimization
options, using the flags documented in [1].

If you already have `-xHost` in your flags, then you might use a CPU
with a smaller instruction set when building compared to when running CP2K.

Hope that helps,
best regards,
Tiziano

[1]