[CP2K-user] how to constraint the H2O molecule using the G3X3

Travis polla... at gmail.com
Wed May 8 16:35:28 UTC 2019

As I mentioned previously, CP2K stumbles over your close contact. You would
have to manually edit the generated PSF file to correct the issues.
Alternatively, you can open your structure in a molecular editor and just
drag the offending water away from the other water OR recreate your
structure in Packmol with a cell that's about 1.2 - 1.5x the size you
expect, then let it relax during MD with your force field. This is a very
common strategy to cope with Packmol's tendency to generate close contacts
between peripheral atoms, even with the distance constraints.

-T