[CP2K-user] Water-bilayer/Metal interface - Ab intio MD

Anna Anic aan... at gmail.com
Thu Mar 21 14:55:19 UTC 2019

Hey everybody,

I am trying to do Ab-initio MD for a metal-water interface. I am using a
symmetric slab and positioned a bilayer of water at both surface sites.
Now, if I run the simulation my water layer just decomposes into the vacuum
region. That is why I would like to implement an vacuum potential barrier
at some point in the z-direction to prevent my water from just "flying
away".
I tried using the &EXTERNAL_POTENTIAL keyword and defined a harmonic
function as a barrier.
But when I run the simulation the hydrogen atoms from the H2O-bilayer  are
"blown away".
The question is, what did I do wrong? Is the idea legit? Does anyone have a
proposal how to fix the problem or how to do it differentey.

Greetings,

Anna

(I attached my input file,geometry and trajectory )