[CP2K-user] cp2k output not printing but the job is running

Raghav raghavs... at gmail.com
Thu Mar 21 01:22:25 UTC 2019

Dear all,

I have been facing this issue with cp2k on our *HPC cluster*, I'm running a
job on the cluster using *cp2k-5.1* compiled with intel17 compilers, the
job starts but the *output is not* *printing* in the out file and the job
keeps running in the background and gets killed after the end of walltime.
I have attached an *out* file for a calculation which is still running on
the cluster for the last 30 hrs and the output is still the same.

I faced the *same issue* with cp2k-5.1 installed via toolchain along with
*mpich-3.2*. Seems like the issue is with mpich (whether intel or not).
In some other trial runs a few starting steps were printed but then the
output printing stopped and the job kept on running on the nodes till the
end of walltime.

I have attached the *out* file along with the JOB script i'm using for job
submission.

I would really appreciate some help.

Thanks and Regards,
Raghav