[CP2K-user] [CP2K:11363] Install CP2K locally on cluster

Tiziano Müller tiziano... at chem.uzh.ch
Mon Mar 4 12:14:01 UTC 2019

Dear Mohammad,

Wrt gcc8: you should talk to your cluster admin on how to use it.
Usually it is sufficient to just load it to be able to use it via `gcc`
or `gfortran`, but this may be different here.

To use the toolchain to build a suitable compiler as well, you can use:

   ./install_cp2k_toolchain.sh --install-all

or a bit more selective (only build gcc, but use linker and
MPI-implementation from system):

   ./install_cp2k_toolchain.sh --with-gcc

Use

   ./install_cp2k_toolchain.sh --help

to see more options.

Please note: you may have to rebuild the complete toolchain when
changing the compiler (also when switching from a system-provided to a
toolchain-provided one or when loading a different compiler module). To
do that, remove the `build` and `install` directories (in
`tools/toolchain`) prior to re-running `install_cp2k_toolchain.sh`.

Best regards,
Tiziano