[CP2K-user] [CP2K:11352] Atomic forces in a charged unit cell

hut... at chem.uzh.ch hut... at chem.uzh.ch
Fri Mar 1 09:57:39 UTC 2019

Hi

yes, the background charge will change your results. You could
also try to calculate the charged molecule with non-periodic
settings (without background charge).
If there is a real difference for your intended use, I cannot say.

regards

Juerg Hutter

Juerg Hutter                         Phone : ++41 44 635 4491
Institut für Chemie C                FAX   : ++41 44 635 6838
Universität Zürich                   E-mail: hut... at chem.uzh.ch
Winterthurerstrasse 190
CH-8057 Zürich, Switzerland