[CP2K-user] [CP2K:11953] posting to log file

Patrick Gono patri... at gmail.com
Sat Jul 6 15:31:20 UTC 2019

Dear Raitis,

given the scale of your calculation, you should be well within optimal
scaling with only 3 nodes (36 cores). Make sure you have a correctly
compiled version of CP2K and a correctly written submission script (do you
spawn 36 mpi processes on a single 12 core node, by any chance?). With 300
atoms and at the semilocal level of theory, I expect you should see linear
speed-up with up to 10 nodes. And certainly, even adding more nodes beyond
that should not slow down the calculation, quite the opposite, actually.

Good luck!
Yours sincerely,
Patrick Gono