[CP2K-user] Absorption spectra for bulk metals

NGastaPooh roma... at gmail.com
Mon Jul 1 20:07:31 UTC 2019

Somewhat an update, may be it'll help somebody.

There's an article on photoemission spectrum of Palladium that has a rather
detailed description of steps needed to produce such spectrum using known
band structure.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/0038109870906447

It's based on 3-step model of photoemission, and to get a smooth high
quality picture one will have to obtain other essential data, like electron
MFP, work function of the material etc. But curves that are based purely on
bands may still be a good starting point.

So the answer is yes, it's possible.

Best,
Pooh