[CP2K-user] Periodic RTP

Luca luca.d... at gmail.com
Sat Jan 26 10:01:21 UTC 2019

Dear Developers

I would like to draw your attention to a possible bug of CP2K. I am trying
to make periodic RTP by using hybrid functionals also.

However, when I set the keyword PERIODIC = TRUE in the
REAL_TIME_PROPAGATION  block, the perturbed state that is to be propagated
is wrong.

Here below I report the electronic energy for an H2 molecule after a Kick
(input at the end of this mail).

As you can see, the propagated state has energies which differ a lot from
the ground state. Furthermore, also the calculated electronic spectrum is
very strange.

On the other side, when using PERIODIC = FALSE the energy of the propagated
state slightly differs from the ground state and the calculated electronic
spectrum is the right one.

I have to underline that the bug appears just when one uses hybrid
functionals. With GGA everything goes fine. Is this a bug or something
already known?.

PERIODIC TRUE :

  Total energy:
-1.16466508784488