[CP2K-user] [CP2K:11166] general normconserving UPF in CP2K

Michiel van Setten mjvan... at googlemail.com
Fri Jan 11 15:40:08 UTC 2019

Hi Juerg,

Thank for the comments,

concerning 1, If you like I can send you the inputs and the backtrace I get
with the nlcc

2) no overhead in the scf is very good news,

3) ok thanks, that confirms my understanding, the factor 4 was include in
my comparison to abinit. In this I take the smallest rel_cutoff that gives
me a converged result for a given cutoff value.

4) sorry for the confusion. Here I meant, the PD-UPF calculation with cp2k
took more iteration steps than the GTH calculation using cp2k, everything
else being the same: same basis, same cutoffs, same mixer /
diagonalization. Here I was hoping that a basis set optimized to fit the
PseudoDojo potential would improve the convergence. If you have some hints
an tips for generating them I would appriciate them.

I just generated a q4 Hf potential with ONCVPSP, for this I would need a
new basis set anyways. Did you ever made an attempt for a q4 Hf?

Until now I only ran convergence test on the total energy, so I have no
idea yet on the actual relative performance of the pseudo potentials. This
afternoon I programmed some scripts to run delta-test with cp2k for the
different pseudo-potentials. This should give a better idea on the
precision of the fitting procedure.

Thanks,
Michiel