[CP2K-user] Full QM DFT Metadynamics Simulation of water and ATP resulting in a lot of vaccum

Raghav raghavs... at gmail.com
Fri Jan 4 10:43:23 UTC 2019

Dear all,

            I'm doing *full QM DFT* Meatdynamics simulation with *PBC* of
liquid water and a Triphosphate molecule. During my 3ps simulation, the
water molecules in the cubic box are contracting and forming a kind of
droplet around the triphosphate molecule as can be seen in the attached
images *initial.tga* and *final.tga*. I don't know why this is happening. I
have attached my Input file and the snapshot of the first and last point of
trajectory (initial.tga and final.tga respectively). It's clear from the
snapshots how water goes from cubic configuration in initial.tga to a drop
like configuration in final.tga, and because of this I have a lot of vacuum
in my box.

Is it because of the collective variable which involves coordination number
of phosphorus with all QM water oxygen's or It's something else? I have
also attached my input file for reference.

I would really appreciate some help. Looking forward for a reply.

Thank's and Regards,
Raghav Saxena