[CP2K-user] [CP2K:12646] Restarting path integral MD simulation (PIGLET)

Unmesh Mondal unmesh... at students.iiserpune.ac.in
Fri Dec 20 04:59:43 UTC 2019

Thank You for your reply Christoph and apology for the late response.

recently (https://github.com/cp2k/cp2k/pull/359) for the computation of the
>conserved quantity and the primitive estimator in PINT runs. This fix will
be in the upcoming new release v7.1.

I am using Cp2k 7.0 development version.  Yes, I will give the new version
a try and check if the problem is solved.

>How exactly are you restarting your runs? In the plots you attached, it
looks like the thermostat would be reinitialized.

Yes, I also assume the reinitialization of the thermostat takes few steps
to equilibrate hence the sudden jumps (in the plots). I do not observe any
sudden jumps when the simulation is run continuously without any restart.
Regarding the restart, I have the wavefunction restart to use the default
and an external restart file which the code prints at every step. Appending
relevant part of  my initial mail:

>I have incorporated the following tags for restart:
>SCF_GUESS RESTART
>and
>&EXT_RESTART
>  EXTERNAL_FILE ./TPA-1.restart
>&END EXT_RESTART

>and "WFN_RESTART_FILE_NAME" is commented out to use the default as  path
integral simulation generates "2n" (n=number of replicas) number >of
different restart wavefunction files.

Please let me know if you any extra information is needed.

Thanks
Unmesh