[CP2K-user] [CP2K:11824] free energy calculation in pimd

Christoph Schran lostphil... at gmail.com
Mon Dec 16 09:31:17 UTC 2019

Dear Webb Foo,

centroid constraints/restraints have been implemented recently and will be
available in the upcoming new CP2K release v7.1.

The input is very similar to normal MD simulations. I would recommend using
the exact integrator in combination with the PILE thermostat.
Example inputs (which need to be adapted carefully) can be found under
tests/Pimd/regtest-1 and regtest-2: h2o_pint_constraints_exact.inp for the
constraints and w512_pint_pile.inp for the PILE thermostat.
Note that regtests are usually optimized to trigger as many parts of the
code as possible and are not always best simulation practice.

Best, Christoph