[CP2K-user] Ideal and single determinant S**2

Elham M.Goliaei e.go... at gmail.com
Fri Dec 6 13:35:12 UTC 2019

Dear all,

    I have done geometry optimization using cp2k, I started by low spin
configuration for Co(2+). According to below, my DFT section includes:

    &DFT
    LSD
    MULTIPLICITY 2
    RELAX_MULTIPLICITY 0.01
and I have just defined BS section for Co atom as below:

     &BS
        &ALPHA
          NEL +4 -2
          L 2 0
          N 3 4
        &END ALPHA
        &BETA
          NEL +1 -2
          L 2 0
          N 3 4
        &END BETA
      &END BS

 I noticed these values in the output:

Integrated absolute spin density  :
 2.7865063578
Ideal and single determinant S**2 :                    0.750000
 1.647620

Can I have some explanation regarding *"Ideal and single determinant S**2" *
values?

Best regards,
Elham