[CP2K-user] Thoughts on RDFs for NPT ensemble simulations?

Travis polla... at gmail.com
Tue Aug 27 15:55:40 UTC 2019

Hi,

You can run the calculation over each pair of atoms either by adding
additional observations (see the prompt responses above) or just rerunning
the input.txt file it dumps and editing the atom indices you want to get a
rdf for. The code below specifies the atom types you want to compute a rdf
for. When you have a list of atoms as molecules it will save each atom type
in a list of X=1, 2, 3, 4, ..., N. It will tell you that 1='C', 2='O', etc.
based on the order it first finds each type in your XYZ file. You pick from
that list a reference molecule (the X in g(r) or X-Y) and then later pick
the Y from the same list. This is equivalent to 'name X' 'name Y' in VMD.

rdf # choose rdf
n # advanced options, you can explore this later
X # where X is a number corresponding to the reference atom type
1 # intermolecular
Y # where Y is a number corresponding to the observed atom type
0 # take reference atom from atom type X
1 # take observed atom from atom type Y