[CP2K-user] Thoughts on RDFs for NPT ensemble simulations?

Ant ant... at gmail.com
Tue Aug 27 15:43:01 UTC 2019

Thank you very much, Travis, for all your time.  I'm sorry to impose.

Unfortunately, if I understand you correctly, this won't work for me
because I have multiple atom types in my system.  I have been experimenting
with travis today and it seems like if I turn off molecule recognition,
there's no way to differentiate between atom types 9I may be wrong).

The great thing about VMD for me is that I can calculate RDFs for (for
example) "name H" "name H" and "name O" "name H" and "name O name O" and
"name Si" "name O" (and so on) for every possible pair in my system, where
the first atom in a pair is the one of interest (from which an RDF is
calculated).  In travis, I have figured out how to switch off the
molecules, but don't know how to define that I want RDFs for a particular
pair pair.  I can't figure out exactly what is going on, but have a vague
feeling that travis is calculating RDFs based on all of the atoms in the
system, not the specific pairs I want.

It seems so odd that there isn't more available on how to deal with NPT
RDFs in general.  I don't know if this is maybe something everyone just
knows how to do.  Unfortunately, I don't have coworkers to ask and I hate
troubling you.