[CP2K-user] Thoughts on RDFs for NPT ensemble simulations?

Ant ant... at gmail.com
Tue Aug 27 11:16:02 UTC 2019

Update:

It would be great if someone could provide some guidance on how to use CP2K
to plot RDFs for existing NPT simulations (where the cell volume/parameter
varies at each timestep).  VMD accepts only a single volume value.

Travis, who commented earlier, has provided part of a solution (using
REFTAJ to read a trajectory back into CP2K and, I think, to modify it so it
can be read into VMD), but unfortunately, as a near-newbie, I don't know
what the next step would be.  I know I would need to feed in the changing
call parameters at each timestep from my *.cell files, but don't know how
to do this and also don't know what I would need to do in VMD to get
accurate RDFs from it (I'd still need to enter a volume value in the RDF
GUI and don't know what that should be).  There doesn't appear to be any
documentation on this online, but I suspect it must exist because I expect
that other people must have wanted to plot NPT RDFs.  If anyone knows of
any, I would be grateful to know where to find it.

Travis made a helpful suggestion about using the travis code.  I have run
some examples, but it doesn't seem to do what I need it to.  I have run ab
initio simulations and TRAVIS seems only to be able to calculate RDFs when
all possible complexes are identified.  This would take a very long time
for my system and for all of my simulations.  In fact I want RDFs and
running coordination numbers in part to identify the chemical complexes.

If anyone has any hints at all, I would be willing to pay at this point for
advice if anyone knows of anyone who deals with small jobs.  I understand
from Travis that it is possible to create output for NPT simulations that
is readable by NPT for making RDFs, but unfortunately, I can't rerun my
simulations.  Thank you very much.