[CP2K-user] Thoughts on RDFs for NPT ensemble simulations?

Travis polla... at gmail.com
Mon Aug 26 13:43:38 UTC 2019

Hi,

You need to use the logfile from your simulation to extract the box sizes
at timesteps you dumped coordinates. You can then rerun your trajectory
with CP2K (REFTRAJ ensemble) and convert it to DCD_ALIGNED_CELL format.
This format stores positions and lattice parameters. You then load the XYZ
file (for atom names) and DCD file into VMD. Now you can compute a RDF with
variable box size. In the future, always dump coordinates from constant
pressure simulations to DCD_ALIGNED_CELL. PDB format would work too.

-T