[CP2K-user] [CP2K:12087] Printing wfn in MD

Patrick Gono patri... at gmail.com
Mon Aug 12 19:14:57 UTC 2019

Dear Brandon,

The aforementioned wave function file serves as a restart point for the
solution of the KS equations. For the purpose you mention, take a look at
the .cube files generated in the section:
FORCE_EVAL <https://manual.cp2k.org/trunk/CP2K_INPUT/FORCE_EVAL.html> / DFT
<https://manual.cp2k.org/trunk/CP2K_INPUT/FORCE_EVAL/DFT.html> / PRINT
<https://manual.cp2k.org/trunk/CP2K_INPUT/FORCE_EVAL/DFT/PRINT.html> /
MO_CUBES
<https://manual.cp2k.org/trunk/CP2K_INPUT/FORCE_EVAL/DFT/PRINT/MO_CUBES.html>

You can print the final electronic density as well (and also spin density
in the case of spin polarized calculations):
FORCE_EVAL <https://manual.cp2k.org/trunk/CP2K_INPUT/FORCE_EVAL.html> / DFT
<https://manual.cp2k.org/trunk/CP2K_INPUT/FORCE_EVAL/DFT.html> / PRINT
<https://manual.cp2k.org/trunk/CP2K_INPUT/FORCE_EVAL/DFT/PRINT.html> /
E_DENSITY_CUBE
<https://manual.cp2k.org/trunk/CP2K_INPUT/FORCE_EVAL/DFT/PRINT/E_DENSITY_CUBE.html>

Just for the sake of completness, cube files are human-readable, and
represent volumetric data on a regular grid. The format is explained here:
http://paulbourke.net/dataformats/cube/
There is a handy tool on the CP2K website to process cube files:
https://www.cp2k.org/tools:cubecruncher

Alternatively, you can easily write your own scripts to handle them.

Yours sincerely,
Patrick Gono