[CP2K:10764] Why doesn't the Cons Qty include the potential energy of shell (shell model) in NVE ensemble?

zuohen... at gmail.com zuohen... at gmail.com
Fri Sep 21 15:52:52 UTC 2018

Dear Matthias,

Yes, that's very helpful.
I will test the energy drift in NVE ensemble to determine the length of
time step, before I use the core-shell model.
I actually found the OH- was broken when I use shell model for oxide with 1
fs time step.
If I used 0.5fs time step, the energy plot would be much flatter even the
temperature was up to 500K.

I think if the energy drift (per atom) in μeV/ps < 0.1, the tiny drift might be ignored.[1]
But I am not very certain whether it is correct for core-shell model.

Thank you very much~

[1]Steneteg P, Abrikosov I A, Weber V, et al. Wave function extended Lagrangian Born-Oppenheimer molecular dynamics. Physical Review B, 2010, 82(7): 075110.

Best wishes,
Zuoheng

在 2018年9月20日星期四 UTC+2下午4:21:36,Matthias Krack写道: