Is the energy converged in NVE simulation?

zuohen... at gmail.com zuohen... at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 14:23:29 UTC 2018

Hello everyone,

Recently, I want to confirm the suitable time step, when I use core shell
model for OH- ions and SPC/Fw for water molecules.
I have tested if I use core shell model for water, 1 fs of time step is too
large. The energy of NVE simulation is not converged significantly.
However, after I transfered the SPC/Fw to replace the core-shel model for
water, the energy of NVE simulation seemed to be converged (shown in
figure, blue line for the energy plot and orange line for the averaged
energy).
There are 1 Fe3+, 3 OH-(core shell model) and 28 water molecules(SPC/Fw) in
the system.
I am not sure if the energy is converged? or the fluctuation is too strong?
If it is converged, can I use 1 fs of time step to do next simulation?
Could anyone give me some suggestions?

Thank you very much!!

Best,
Zuoheng

[image: Fe3OH3.png] <about:invalid#zClosurez>