[CP2K-user] [CP2K:10804] Re: Problem in the preconditioner when using UKS

Daniele Ongari daniele... at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 13:29:34 UTC 2018

Dear Dr. Krack,
for the Fe-MOF-74 case I tried already FULL_KINETIC but it didn't work, so
I neglected that any preconditioner which is assumed to be less robust than
FULL_ALL would work. I will test the different ones.
I agree that a black-box approach is not generally a good idea for these
cases but practically speaking this 2 step protocol that we are using is
working well, and to give an idea, out of ca. 300 frameworks (MOFs, COFs
and zeolites), less then 10% passed to to the second step (i.e., CG + no
outer SCF). So, I'm thinking if I can improve the efficiency even more but
I'm already happy with these results!

Daniele