[CP2K-user] [CP2K:10799] Re: Problem in the preconditioner when using UKS

hut... at chem.uzh.ch hut... at chem.uzh.ch
Thu Oct 4 07:08:13 UTC 2018

Hi

with systems that are forced to have such high multiplicity it
is often difficult to find the correct minimum.
In addition I think you should tighten the accuracy. I would
decrease EPS_DEFAULT to 1e-12 or 1e-14 and maybe further increase
the cutoff.
At the end it will also be a good idea to check the orbital energies.

regards

Juerg

Juerg Hutter                         Phone : ++41 44 635 4491
Institut für Chemie C                FAX   : ++41 44 635 6838
Universität Zürich                   E-mail: hut... at chem.uzh.ch
Winterthurerstrasse 190
CH-8057 Zürich, Switzerland