Novel atom types in CHARMM force field - QM/MM MD case

Dawid das add... at googlemail.com
Wed May 30 19:18:18 UTC 2018

Dear CP2K Users,

I am completely new to CP2K and I would like to perform QM/MM molecular
dynamics simulation of protein
solvated in a box of water with counterions (system is neutral).

I would like to do it at the B3LYP/GPAW or B3LYP/GPW level of theory for QM
subsystem and CHARMM22
force field for classical part. I use link atoms approach, PBC (at least
for electrostatics in classical part,
I don't know how about the QM part yet) and electrostatic embedding. I
think these are the most important
points of what I want to do.

I went through exemplary inputs for QM/MM MD simulations I could find on
this group and on CP2K website
and there is one thing however I cannot overcome but I think I know the
source of issue.

My protein is a fluorescent protein and I have definition of non-standard
atom types in my CHARMM force
field.
At the end of the log I get following error:

 *** ERROR in read_qs_kind (MODULE qs_kind_types) ***

 *** No &KIND section was possible to associate to the atomic kind <O>.
***
 *** The KIND section were also scanned for the corresponding element <O>
***
 *** and for the DEFAULT section but no match was found. Check your input
***
 *** file!
***

 *** Program stopped at line number 1840 of MODULE qs_kind_types ***

I don't really know how to proceed further...
I guess CP2K cannot recognize correctly MO3, MOH, MN3, etc. types as
oxygen, nitrogen, etc.
I tried to play with &KIND section but I'm not really sure how to make it
to make sense.
I attach my input  files and I will be grateful for any explanations. The
QM subsystem is for
now very small as I just want to start off a simulation to check whether it
works or not.

Best wishes,
Dawid Grabarek