Periodic boundary conditions

Dawid das add... at googlemail.com
Mon Jun 18 08:00:14 UTC 2018

Dear CP2K Users,

I am doing QM/MM MD simulation using PBC only for MM part (the QM cell is
not periodic). My cell is
orthorombic and I am a bit surprised as in course of simulation some water
molecules drift away to vacuum
when I use VMD to visualize my trajectory.

Now, I am aware that if PBC work it does not matter as the image of this
molecule "enters on the other side"
however this visualization makes me to ask a question whether I do my setup
correctly.

So in course of MD what I get in XYZ trajectory file is not wrapped by CP2K
and can I safely wrap those
molecules/atoms later on with a script? In other words, does CP2K save only
coordinates of molecules
found in starting geometry but not its images as they leave the box?

Best wishes,
Dawid

PS This is part of my input that should simply apply PBC, am I right?

  &MM
    &POISSON
      PERIODIC XYZ
      POISSON_SOLVER PERIODIC