Better ways to get back my optimized cell and structure

James Dean jrd... at pitt.edu
Thu Jul 19 15:47:03 UTC 2018

Hello Henrique,

The way I've usually done this is by using OpenBabel to convert from XYZ to
a VASP file, and then filling in the cell parameters in the VASP file via a
script that reads the cp2k output to find the current cell parameters. Just
make sure you save it as a ".vasp" file or VESTA won't know what to do with
it.

As an alternative, if you're comfortable using Python, the Atomic
Simulation Environment (ASE) is another way you'd be able to accomplish
this, as it has tools for file I/O with both xyz and VASP formats.

Best,
James Dean