Better ways to get back my optimized cell and structure

Matthias Krack matthia... at psi.ch
Thu Jul 19 08:07:41 UTC 2018

Hi

I can confirm your observation, but this is rather an issue for the VESTA
mailing list.

You can use FORMAT dcd (or dcd_aligned_cell) in the section &TRAJECTORY to
dump the coordinates, if you are just interested in visualization with VMD.
The dcd format includes the cell information, but it is binary and VESTA
cannot load files in dcd format. On the other hand, CP2K can only read but
not write files in cif format currently. So you can only try to load the
xyz file with VESTA and then you export the structure in cif format (or any
other format which includes cell information), but this procedure seems not
to work properly with VESTA, unfortunately.

Matthias