SIC size consistency issue

Xiaoming Wang wxia... at gmail.com
Tue Jan 2 17:23:35 UTC 2018

Hello all,

I am using the MAURI_SPZ method for SIC calculations of periodic systems. I
used the scaling parameters a=0.2 and b=0. I found that when I increase the
supercell size, the charge localization is more or less the same (I checked
this by comparing the bond length), however, the energy difference between
the localized configuration and delocalized configuration for different
supercells is not the same. The energy of localized configuration was
calculated by SIC while that of delocalized configuration was calculated by
PBE. Can anyone give me some hints?

Best,
Xiaoming