[CP2K:9944] Problematic DFTB geometry optimization

hut... at chem.uzh.ch hut... at chem.uzh.ch
Fri Feb 2 10:47:25 UTC 2018

Hi

CP2K uses for DFTB a minimum image convention (MIC). This
causes interactions to be dropped for very small unit cells.
MIC is not used for k-point calculations. So by using the
k-point code with the gamma-point only you should be able
the reproduce the energies also for very small cells.

I would start with isolated systems (molecules) to be sure
that all the integrals are correctly calculated.

best regards

Juerg
Juerg Hutter                         Phone : ++41 44 635 4491
Institut für Chemie C                FAX   : ++41 44 635 6838
Universität Zürich                   E-mail: hut... at chem.uzh.ch
Winterthurerstrasse 190
CH-8057 Zürich, Switzerland

-----cp... at googlegroups.com wrote: -----To: cp2k <cp... at googlegroups.com>