[CP2K:9933] Problematic DFTB geometry optimization

Maxime Van den Bossche maxime.cp.v... at gmail.com
Thu Feb 1 23:19:00 UTC 2018

OK, I've noticed that the repulsive energy
of the initial structure in the above example
is different in CP2K and DFTB (5.2533030486
and 5.3189364428 Ha, respectively), so I've
now looked at a simpler structure (linear
TiO2 chains) to see where that difference
is coming from.

I've appended a slide showing the results
for various chain structures, which seem to
indicate that certain pairs are missing from the
repulsive energy sum in CP2K. Is this a bug
in the code, or must this be handled through
the input somehow? I've also attached the
CP2K in- and output files for the (N=1, L=5)
case of the overview.

/Maxime