[CP2K:9937] Dipole moment from Wannier functions

hut... at chem.uzh.ch hut... at chem.uzh.ch
Thu Feb 1 12:53:58 UTC 2018

Hi

so you have successfully separated the molecules and you can calculate
molecular dipoles. Now, to split the molecular dipoles further (again a
arbitrary process) you have to come up with a model.
For example you can set the oxygen atom as reference and calculate
dipoles from each hydrogen atom and its corresponding WC and from the two
lone pairs. Or you could try to split the lone pair contributions on the
O-H dipoles. It's really up to you to come up with something that makes
sense for your application.

regards

Juerg
Juerg Hutter                         Phone : ++41 44 635 4491
Institut für Chemie C                FAX   : ++41 44 635 6838
Universität Zürich                   E-mail: hut... at chem.uzh.ch
Winterthurerstrasse 190
CH-8057 Zürich, Switzerland

-----cp... at googlegroups.com wrote: -----To: cp2k <cp... at googlegroups.com>