[CP2K-user] [CP2K:11039] PERIODIC_EFIELD does not work with Mixing

hut... at chem.uzh.ch hut... at chem.uzh.ch
Wed Dec 12 09:17:04 UTC 2018

Hi Martin

The problem is not just related to equal occupations. I now realized
that you need in fact orbital derivatives and a direct minimization method.
The Berry phase polarizability adds a non-Hamiltonian term to the energy
and we cannot define a proper Hamiltonian (to be diagonalized), but have
to use gradients and direct minimization. Therefore, in CP2K only OT methods
will work. I will add a corresponding check with a proper error message to the code.

regards

Juerg
Juerg Hutter                         Phone : ++41 44 635 4491
Institut für Chemie C                FAX   : ++41 44 635 6838
Universität Zürich                   E-mail: hut... at chem.uzh.ch
Winterthurerstrasse 190
CH-8057 Zürich, Switzerland