installation of cp2k on linux mint machine

SS shya... at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 11:05:51 UTC 2018

I was trying to install cp2k on my linux mint OS. I downloaded the cp2k
file and prerequisites files from cp2k website and followed the instruction
given in readme file after unzipping the cp2k files.When i tried to install
the toolchain using

./install_cp2k_toolchain.sh --install-all
it was showing an error message as follows

Installing from scratch into /home/shyam/WORK/shyam/softwares/cp2k-5.1/tools/toolchain/install/scotch-6.0.0
ERROR: (/home/shyam/WORK/shyam/softwares/cp2k-5.1/tools/toolchain/scripts/install_ptscotch.sh, line 43) Non-zero exit code detected.

I have all tar.gz files. I tried to install this from individual scotch_6.0.0.tar.gz file and it was not working

I am new to the software and it would be helpful if someone can give a step by step installation guide.

Thank you