Core-shell model and QM/MM ECOUPL GAUSS are not compatible?

Sergey Chulkov sergeya... at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 20:02:51 UTC 2018

Hi Zuoheng,

Thank you again for the report. You input file triggers two bugs. The first
one can be easily fixed with the attached patch and it is due to wrong
indices when accessing the 'pbc' array. The second bug is a little tricky
one. When you define shell charge for an atomic kind, all atoms of this
kind are taken into account, even if some of them are assigned to the QM
region. For such atoms from the QM region the corresponding entries within
the list qmmm_env%qm%added_shells remain uninitialised that leads to the
segmentation fault. If I understand correctly, such atoms should not appear
in this list at all. As a temporary workaround you can use a distinct
atomic kind for atoms from the QM region, for example, O_QM for oxygen
atoms (see the input file attached).

Best wishes,
Sergey