combine ab initio with implicit solvent

polla... at gmail.com polla... at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 21:30:39 UTC 2018

Each iteration with SCCS active has additional overhead compared to the
standard SCF iteration. Your explicit solvent calculation just happens to
cost about the same as the smaller system with SCCS (by the end of your log
files, both calculations are taking about 20 seconds per MD step). I don't
see anything wrong with your calculation otherwise. You may see improved
performance by using the MOLOPT-SR basis sets which are better suited to
condensed phase simulations, but it's not necessary.

-Travis