Problem with QMMM simulation: MM H2O too close to QM NH3.

stclair leili... at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 16:42:09 UTC 2018

Dear CP2K experts:

      Recently I am trying to do QMMM simulation for water system. First I
fixed the QM region and try to relax the MM H2O first. But after certain
number (~3ps) of MD runs, it shows error info: Geometry is wrong or
EMAS_SPLINE is too small. From the trajectory file, one of MM H2O moved too
close to QM NH3 (ON distance < 1 angstrom).

      In my simulation, H2O-NH3 and H2O-N2O4 force fields are both not
provided. But I define them as QM region including 4 H2O molecules between
them. I used GAUSS coupling method to compute QM-MM interaction, so I think
QM-MM electrostatic interaction suppose to prevent H2O and NH3 from moving
too close (both O and N are negatively charged). Input files are attached.

      Any idea will be welcome.
      Thank you in advance!