QMMM: Does QM periodic in XYZ require mandatory WALLS in my case?

ganta.pra... at gmail.com ganta.pra... at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 12:45:50 UTC 2018

Dear CP2K team/users,

I am trying to do QMMM simulations and I am trying to use periodic QM which
is the same size as the MM box (i.e QM=MM size). I ran the QMMM simulation
and I get this error:

 *** WARNING in qmmm_util.F:197 :: One or few QM atoms are within the SKIN
***
 *** of the quantum box. Check your run and you may possibly consider: the
***
 *** activation of the QMMM WALLS around the QM box, switching ON the
***
 *** centering of the QM box or increase the size of the QM cell. CP2K
 ***
 *** CONTINUE but results could be meaningless.
***

Is it mandatory that I should use QM Walls when QM box is periodic? or can
I ignore the error this error?

I am also planning to do QM periodic in XY only (not xyz) case.

My system is a mineral surface+phospahte on the top+surrounded by water. QM
part: Mineral (top layer)+phosphate+water(some part) MM part: Mineral
(bottom layer) + water (some part)

<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-OHStR5e4pik/WsN2LqrssRI/AAAAAAAADsM/ITimathrrrAGO8XyObZqr8ilDAq5NqZ2gCLcBGAs/s1600/ads_gimp.png>

Have a nice day.

Thank you in advance.