[CP2K:9491] Print dipole moment of each atoms

hut... at chem.uzh.ch hut... at chem.uzh.ch
Tue Sep 26 10:12:14 UTC 2017

Hi

if you want to get atomic/molecular dipoles you need to use a model.
There is no QM operator that allows you to do this.
In ab initio MD people often use Wannier functions to separate the
charge distributions and if you can easily associate wannier centers
and molecules you can calculate molecular dipoles (in a Wannier
approximation). See the vast literature for this problem.

Solution to your problem: calculate the Wannier centers and use
a postprocessing tool to get the molecular dipoles and IR spectra.

Have a look into the TRAVIS program.

regards

Juerg Hutter
Juerg Hutter                         Phone : ++41 44 635 4491
Institut für Chemie C                FAX   : ++41 44 635 6838
Universität Zürich                   E-mail: hut... at chem.uzh.ch
Winterthurerstrasse 190
CH-8057 Zürich, Switzerland

-----cp... at googlegroups.com wrote: -----To: cp2k <cp... at googlegroups.com>