CELL_OPT to obtain lattice parameters close to experimental values.

Vladimir Rybkin rybk... at gmail.com
Fri Sep 22 09:27:42 UTC 2017

Dear ... ,

here is a couple of comments:
1) the results are not that bad bearing in mind all approximations made in
the PBE functional;
2) MOST IMPORTANTLY: one needs to converge the the calculations with
respect to k-points. In practice, as you are performing a Gamma-point
calculation, you should use a supercell, i.e. replicate your unit cell at
least twice in b and c directions.
3) Why are you using smearing: is it a metal?
4) MOLOPT basis sets are better suited to molecular calculations. Try GTH
basis sets.
5) GEO_OPT does not optimize the cell at all, that's not an option.
6) I don't think you need external pressure as soon as you get a reasonable
large cell.

Yours,

Vladimir

четверг, 21 сентября 2017 г., 11:02:59 UTC+2 пользователь