"quadrupole" corrections for non-neutral systems?

Matt W mattwa... at gmail.com
Thu Sep 21 08:06:55 UTC 2017

You might want to output the electron density on a 3D grid

https://manual.cp2k.org/trunk/CP2K_INPUT/FORCE_EVAL/DFT/PRINT/E_DENSITY_CUBE.html

Probably you want to do this for the ideal and defect system, and subtract
the two densities (https://www.cp2k.org/tools:cubecruncher might be useful).

Hopefully this would give you a fairly localised density that you can then
calculate the dipole / quadrupole moments of. If it isn't localised, then
probably the correction schemes break down anyway ...

Matt