[CP2K:9424] DFT+U Calculation

Krack Matthias (PSI) matthia... at psi.ch
Mon Sep 18 15:03:02 UTC 2017

Dear Sudhir

You enforce a smearing of the projected d orbital occupations until an SCF convergence threshold of 1.0E-8 is reached (and for at least 10 SCF iteration steps). This will imply that the occupation constraint is never released during the SCF iteration loop unless your SCF convergence limit is even smaller than 1.0E-8 (well, you possibly never get there). That is also most likely the reason for the persistence of the warning. I suggest to comment/remove the EPS_SCF 1.0E-8 line. After 10 SCF iteration steps the SCF cycle will then evolve without occupation constraint. You may even set “&ENFORCE_OCCUPATION off” and drop the occupation constraint completely, since you do not want to enforce any specific d orbital occupation pattern obviously as you are smearing over all d orbitals anyway. You may also drop the U_RAMPING unless that is crucially needed to achieve convergence.

Best regards

Matthias