running cuda-enabled cp2k on multiple nodes with aprun/HPC

Ada Sedova ada.a.... at gmail.com
Tue Sep 12 21:27:12 UTC 2017

Hi,

I just built cp2k 4.1 using DBCSR and CUDA_PW on a cray HPC system with one
K20X GPU per node. The single aprun call seems to always launch 3 apruns as
can be seen with ps, and one always stops very quickly while the others
seem to keep running. I am testing in an interactive qsub, but it seems
this is nonstandard behavior and may be problematic in a batched setting.
And at any rate, this does not seem like correct mpi behavior based on
other programs I have run.

I wonder if the build was not completely successful? I'm testing with
H2O-32.inp from the tests/benchmark directory but this also happened with
C.inp.

Thanks,

Ada