The energy of the whole system in a QMMM simulation

Jadzia c.gor... at gmail.com
Thu Sep 7 04:13:16 UTC 2017

Hello,

To my understanding if you want to write the total energy to a file for
instance for an MD simulation you need to add a section similar to:

 &MOTION
   &MD
    &PRINT
      &ENERGY
        FILENAME =cp2k.out.energy
          &EACH
            MD 10
          &END EACH
      &END ENERGY
    &END PRINT
  &END MD
&END MOTION

In this example the energy of every tenth step is written to the file.

Here is the corresponding section in the
manual: https://manual.cp2k.org/trunk/CP2K_INPUT/MOTION/MD/PRINT/ENERGY/EACH.html

Hope this helps,
Jadzia

On Wednesday, September 6, 2017 at 8:31:10 AM UTC+2, jts2... at gmail.com