BLYP functional and smoothing

Yifei Shi syf.ta... at gmail.com
Wed May 17 20:54:40 UTC 2017

Dear cp2k users,

I'm trying to run a MD simulation with NPT_I ensemble of liquid water with
BLYP XC functional and dispersion. Without XC functional smoothing there's
a small energy drift, but the density is very close to well established
values(~1.04). But when I added smoothing, although the conserved quantity
is constant, the density then changed to a substantially value(~1.2). The
only difference between the 2 runs is the second one has the smoothing
section:
       &XC_GRID
         XC_SMOOTH_RHO  NN10
         XC_DERIV  SPLINE2_SMOOTH
       &END XC_GRID

I'm wondering if the smoothing I used was inappropriate. I also attached
the input file with smoothing. Thanks very much for any suggestions!

Best,
Yifei