MPI_wait problem in cp2k 4.1 with openmpi_2.0.0

Alfio Lazzaro alfio.... at gmail.com
Tue Mar 28 08:42:20 UTC 2017

Hello,
unfortunately, it is not easy to answer this question without knowing more
details...
First of all, which input you are running? Could you attach it? How many
nodes, MPI ranks, threads you are using and which CP2K version (PSMP or
POPT)?
I also assume that you are compiling the two CP2K with the same setup, i.e.
compile options and library versions...
Could you attach the two logs?

The problem is that we should first understand where the MPI_wait are used.
Indeed, it can be that CP2K 4.1 is using more MPI_wait in other places.

Alfio