very long calculation time

Amin amin.jaf... at gmail.com
Thu Mar 16 09:38:18 UTC 2017

Hi,
I noticed that the main problem for me is that in some cases CP2K stops
updating the output file after a few minutes from the beginning of the
calculation.
For example: I put 2 jobs in the cluster (one for Slab + Co2 and the other
was just Tio2 Slab), after almost 20 minutes the calculation for slab
completed very nicely, but for slab + co2 it's still running (after several
hours!) and there is no update on the output file!
It also happened for me during an other calculation. in both cases, program
stops to write on the output file and it continues to be in this situation
until the wall-time is reached! and then job is being killed by the machine.
Now here is the question: what can cause this problem? to gain some
straight, what kind of errors in input file, structure,... can stop the
program from generating the output file?? And why isn't there any error in
the output file?
Once that I found out that the reason can not be about the input file or
structure then I can be sure that it is some kind of technical problem with
the machine that I'm using.
I wound be very grateful if someone shares her/his experiences with me in
this case.