BSSE

tfran... at gmail.com tfran... at gmail.com
Thu Jun 22 13:52:03 UTC 2017

Dear Prof. Hutter,
thanks again for the help in the BSSE.

I took a look to the examples ad you suggested this morning, but, I would
kindly ask you more details regarding the specific parts, making use of the
input provided in the cp2k/tests/QS/regtest-gpw-3 for the OH-H2O-bsse.inp:

&FORCE_EVAL
METHOD Quickstep
&BSSE
&FRAGMENT
LIST 1 3
&END FRAGMENT
&FRAGMENT
LIST 2 4 5
&END FRAGMENT
&CONFIGURATION
GLB_CONF 1 0
SUB_CONF 1 0
CHARGE 0
MULTIPLICITY 2
&END
&CONFIGURATION
GLB_CONF 1 1
SUB_CONF 1 0
CHARGE 0
MULTIPLICITY 2
&END
&CONFIGURATION
GLB_CONF 1 1
SUB_CONF 0 1
CHARGE 0
MULTIPLICITY 0
&END
&CONFIGURATION
GLB_CONF 1 1
SUB_CONF 1 1
CHARGE 0
MULTIPLICITY 2
&END
&END BSSE

How the &CONFIGURATION relates to the &FRAGMENT ones? Does it follow a
specific order, as set in the  &FRAGMENT sections?

I have a dimer, formed by two radicals. Each radical has multiplicity equal
2, with an unpaired electron. Do I have to specify also GLB/SUB_CONF? If
so, what does really mean these two flags and when do I have to make use of
them?

Thanks in advance again for the precious help!
Best Regards,
Tommaso